The Zoog Family--so far

The Zoog Family--so far

Saturday, June 26, 2010

From 3 and a half years to 3 days...

Dear Charlotte,
We leave in 3 days! Daddy and I were talking this morning about what a long journey this has been--to think we started the process to adopt you before you were even born! The bags are mostly packed and for some reason your suitcase is the heaviest--I think because we have so many things we want to give you and so many clothes we want to dress you up in! I keep wondering what it will be like to meet you for the first time--if you'll be sad or scared--and how we'll help you to know that we love you and have loved you for a very long time. I made flashcards with soothing Chinese phrases on them to study on the plane so I can do my best to calm you down in your own language. I can't believe in a few days we'll be in the air on our way to you!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the fam, Charlotte! In the inimitable words of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "You have chosen... wisely." Can't wait to meet you! Love, Clare

    ReplyDelete